My client changed her mind throughout the design process, and I was simply bewildered given the time frame to finish this project. We have known each other for years, and she is always unpredictable. LOL During the final fitting she decided a fuller bottom would offset her wide hips, and the front bow would draw too much attention to her bust.
I showed her what we could do with the bottom, and than decided to go with an oversized shoulder bow to counterbalance the bottom fullness.
The gown panels were marked, and than stretched on a frame. I did all of the beadwork with a tambour needle.
I hand stitched on over 20,000 glass bugle beads, and several thousand rhinestones on the gown. Thank’s to my friend Tracy for sourcing the beads for me at the last moment!
The vermicelli beadwork is actually graduated in color from silver at the top of the dress, to pink at the waist, and than fuchsia at the hipline. It is very subtle, and does not show up on the finished photographs. The scroll work was all done in silver lined bugles.
I was working on the gown until it went out my door for delivery, and did not have time to photograph the finished dress. She returned the dress to me last week, and I was able to get the needed photographs.
The last minute understructure of the gown. I made in about 4 hours, and covered it with a million yards of ruffled tulle.
she now wants extensive revisions to remake this into a straight front gown with a thigh high slit. She will only wear a gown once, lucky me!